In order to meet postal service needs, users mainly choose between the universal and express postal services.
While the universal postal service is provided by “Posta Shqiptare”, the express and other postal services out of the universal service’s coverage area are delivered by the providers listed in the Table below:
Universal postal service
The universal postal service includes the ongoing provision of postal services of a certain quality and at affordable prices.
The universal postal service includes the following minimum requirements:
- Acceptance, processing, transport, and distribution of postal objects up to 2 kg;
- Acceptance, processing, transport, and distribution of postal packages up to 10 kg;
- Services for registered and insured postal objects.
The express service entails the priority handling, tracking, and managerial control of postal objects. This service is carried out through the necessary logistics that enable the user to track and monitor the postal object electronically, as well as the delivery of objects at the pre-determined and published time.
If users wish, they may accompany the express service with value-added postal services (click 4) if such services are available.
Value-added services may include one or several of the following services:
- Delivery within a certain time of the established date and with a refund guarantee in case of non-fulfillment according to set terms, such as: Before 9:00 a.m.; Before 10:00 a.m.; Before 12:00 p.m.
- Collection or delivery of postal objects on days off.
- Postal object insurance. Insurance provides full coverage of the value in cases of object loss or damage, according to the declared value and postal object insurance conditions.
- Dedicated collection or delivery when the postal object has certain specifics, and normal service does not suffice.
- Packaging within a standard packaging range of the service provider.
- Administration and payment of tax dues by the service provider to facilitate the sender, or a third party, in cases where, according to commerce terms, such dues are not to be paid by the recipient or when the recipient charges the service provider to make the payment to facilitate administration.
- Late collection or delivery. Service requested outside of standard business hours.
- Proof of Delivery. When the user requests the service provider to obtain the object recipient’s signature and to provide such signature electronically or in print to prove delivery.
- Handling and transportation of substances and goods classified as dangerous in air or land transport according to the definitions of relevant international organizations.
- Customs services or administration of customs services and documentation.
- Guarantee of delivery of the postal object on a determined date;
- Delivery of postal objects to the recipient “in person”.
- Option to change the address of destination and route of postal object delivery;
- Personalized service for the customer.